Part-time Support Coordinator required
- Part time, 2 days a week (15 hours), fully flexible working
- £11/hr (F/T equivalent £21,509)
- Working from home, with meetings in and around Milton Keynes as required
- Fixed term 12-month contract, potential to renew
These are exciting times to join the Winter Night Shelter Milton Keynes, a well-respected and forward-thinking charity growing into its next phase to address increasing need. This is a unique opportunity to join our strategic, ambitious and well-managed fundraising team.
We have been operating to support homeless people in crisis for the last 10 years and were established as a charity in 2012. We currently have 12 members of staff, 10 of whom are part-time.
We provide year-round support to homeless and vulnerable people in Milton Keynes, including overnight accommodation for people who would otherwise be rough sleeping during the coldest months of the year. We work with churches and community centres across the city and a body of around 800 volunteers. Our welfare team work from our centre, Unity Park Station, enabling our guests to access drug and alcohol support services, to obtain housing advice, move on to longer-term accommodation and to ﬁnd work.
We are looking for a motivated individual to support the work of our Fundraising team.
The position will report to our Senior Fundraising Manager and will involve nurturing donor relationships and managing thanking processes, including maintaining up-to-date records. It will involve communicating and following up with donors and community fundraisers, coordinating the diaries and workflow of the team and assisting with the delivery of fundraising events and initiatives whilst administering back-end processes.
This role brings with it the opportunity to have real impact on our provision for the homeless and vulnerable in Milton Keynes.
- be a self-starter, able to work well remotely as part of a team;
- have an aptitude for organisation and managing records;
- be passionate about nurturing supporter relationships;
- be a confident communicator in interactions with all types of people; and
- have experience and confidence with MS Office software.
- Fully flexible working to support work–life balance.
- 5.6 weeks annual leave inclusive of bank holidays.
- A contributory pension scheme.
- A supportive and committed team.
How to apply
Please find a full job description to download here: 2021 04 JD Support Coordinator
To apply to become a valued member of our team please send a CV with a covering letter/email outlining why you feel you have the necessary skills for this role to our Communications Assistant, Karen Cobbett, at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Friday 23rd April.
Please be prepared to provide at least two appropriate references if asked to do so.
Shortlisted candidates will need to be available for online interviews on Thursday 29th April.
The WNSMK is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all people from any background.
(Registered Charity 1149480)
Reception café and base for daytime support services:
Unity Park Station (formerly The Old Bus Station), 401 Elder Gate, Milton Keynes, MK9 1LR.
The Ridgeway Centre, Featherstone Road, Wolverton Mill South, Milton Keynes, MK12 5TH.
Charity Reference No. 1149480
Registered Company No. 08232340