General Manager required
£32,850 per annum (approx. £18/hr)
40 hours per week September to April, 25 hours per week May to August
The Winter Night Shelter Milton Keynes is looking for a motivated and capable individual to join its staff team as General Manager.
This winter will be the 10th year of operation for the charity. We currently have 11 members of staff, mostly part-time, and operate with a body of around 800 volunteers each season.
The General Manager position will involve:
- coordination and project management between the different departments within the charity, including Operations, Welfare, Communications and Fundraising, and Finance;
- reporting to and carrying out the wishes of the Board of Directors.
The role will have particular responsibility for Operations, including:
- the recruitment and training of volunteers each season, with help from an assistant and colleagues;
- line management responsibility for the Operations Assistant and volunteer Team Leaders who manage the wider body of volunteers;
- coordination with our venues to ensure sufficient provision, liaising to ensure risk assessments are up to date and the effective management of supplies;
- managing a budget and approving expenses;
- coordinating transport arrangements.
We are looking for someone with leadership qualities, with the ability to delegate and motivate others. They will need to be self-motivated and have good initiative, with an aptitude for organisation, strategic planning and managing a budget.
The right candidate will be a good communicator, confident in interactions with all people, from our homeless guests to our Board of Directors. Compassion for the homeless and vulnerable is a necessary quality.
Please see the link below for a full and detailed job description.
To apply please send a CV with a covering letter/email outlining why you feel you have the necessary skills for this role to our Communications Assistant, Karen Cobbett, at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 10 am on Monday 20th July.
Please be prepared to provide at least two appropriate references if asked to do so.
Shortlisted candidates will need to be available for interview in the week commencing 3rd August.
The WNSMK is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all people from any background. A DBS check will be required for the successful candidate.
(Registered Charity 1149480)
Reception café and base for daytime support services:
Unity Park Station (formerly The Old Bus Station), 401 Elder Gate, Milton Keynes, MK9 1LR.
The Ridgeway Centre, Featherstone Road, Wolverton Mill South, Milton Keynes, MK12 5TH.
Charity Reference No. 1149480
Registered Company No. 08232340