Part-Time Finance Officer
£16 per hour.
The workload will be variable: up to the equivalent of 2 days per week between October and May, and perhaps 1-2 hours per week from June to September. Nearly all of the work can be carried out at times to suit your convenience.
• Payroll management (this is outsourced, but the payroll provider needs instructing, staff need to be paid manually and Tax/NI needs paying)
• Operate the NEST pension provision for those staff affected
• Issue employment contracts as required
• Keep track of donations
• Monitor the finance email address and respond appropriately
• Manage the venue expenses at high level (issue and reconcile floats)
• Apply appropriate financial controls eg. set the expense procedures, check invoices, approvals of expenses and sense-check venue spends
• Settle invoices
• Make gift aid claims
• Work with the finance director. Prepare budgets and provide monthly reports eg. spend against budget
• Attend board meetings as appropriate
• Provide the figures for the year end accounts
• Arrange for independent review of the accounts
• Introduce updates to the processes, as appropriate.
The role is home-based, although all physical mail is sent to the Ridgeway Centre in Wolverton and must be picked up. The Finance Director will be available to provide guidance and mentoring, but for the most part the Finance Officer will work independently.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will need to be trustworthy and have previous experience of financial processes, as laid out in the above job role description. Relevant qualifications, particularly in maths, accounting and bookkeeping are also desirable.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send a CV to Trevor Crowter at email@example.com by 31 July. Please provide at least 2 appropriate references.
Reception café and base for daytime support services:
Unity Park Station (formerly The Old Bus Station), 401 Elder Gate, Milton Keynes, MK9 1LR.
The Ridgeway Centre, Featherstone Road, Wolverton Mill South, Milton Keynes, MK12 5TH.
Charity Reference No. 1149480
Registered Company No. 08232340